It usually isn’t what you have, where you are, or what you’ve been through that makes you happy or unhappy, it’s how you think about it all. It starts on the inside. You control your thoughts. The only person who can hurt your happiness in the long run is YOU.
Here are 25 thought-provoking quotes about happiness gathered recently which I think will help you think on the bright side.
- It only takes one person to make you happy and change your life: YOU.
- Your life will improve only when you take small chances, and the first and most difficult chance you can take is to be honest with yourself.
- Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.
- It is not what happens to you, but how you respond to what happens to you. Count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles.
- Look for something positive about this moment. Even if you have to look a little harder than usual, it still exists.
- When you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about.
- Remember, social comparison is the thief of happiness. You could spend a lifetime worrying about what others have, but it wouldn’t get you anything.
- Happiness comes more easily when you feel good about yourself without feeling the need for anyone else’s approval.
- Be nice to people on your way up because you might meet them again on your way back down.
- Set an example. Treat everyone with kindness and respect, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
- Kindness is not to be mistaken for weakness, nor forgiveness for acceptance. It’s about knowing resentment of any kind is not on the path to happiness.
- Give as much as you can, but don’t allow yourself to be used. Listen to others closely, but don’t lose your own voice.
- Say what you need to say. Speak your truth. There is no greater sadness than holding on to the words you never had the courage to speak.
- You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around.
- Negative company will never give you a positive life. Examine what you tolerate in the long-term.
- What you allow is what will continue. It’s always better to spend more time alone than allow negative people and their opinions to derail you from your destiny.
- When other people treat you poorly, walk away, smile and keep being YOU. Don’t ever let someone else’s bitterness change the person you are.
- Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.
- One of the most freeing things we learn in life is that we don’t have to like everyone, everyone doesn’t have to like us, and that’s OK.
- When someone says, “You’ve changed,” it’s not always a bad thing. Sometimes it just means you stopped living your life their way.
- Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right to feel any emotion that comes to you, and to follow a path that makes you happy.
- The unhappiest people in this world are the people who care the most about what everyone else thinks.
- You can’t base your idea of success and happiness on other people’s opinions and expectations.
- Happiness and success is all about spending your life in your own way. Be yourself. No one can ever tell you you’re doing it wrong.
- It’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t.
What’s one quote or personal reminder that has helped you think happier thoughts and live more positively? Please share it with me by leaving a reply below.